Saturday the 25th


Advertisement
Aruba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Aruba » Eagle Beach
September 25th 2021
Published: September 26th 2021
Edit Blog Post

One week in Aruba and it was a very interesting day.

First – off to hunt turtles off the “3 Steps” place and was rewarded with 12! Plus David saw an ENORMOUS fish that really stumped us, until we figured out it was the biggest “sharksucker” we had ever seen!! We’ve seen other Remora stuck on smaller fish, on turtles, even trying to attach to my leg, but this was near 4’ long!! We also saw a Booby flying overhead while we were in the water.

Second – we wanted to have the buffet lunch at The Kitchen in Orangestad so after showering etc we went there. Had an amazing conversation with server Ronald from Venezuela -- in Spanish mostly. He asked if we were Christians, and shared with us his miracle of being welcomed into Aruba 12 years ago with no papers when all his other friends were turned away. He knows he is here for a purpose. We gave him 4 His Coins, and he said it was perfect for his family of four. We exchanged WhatsApp numbers.

Then we did a little shopping in the heat!

And ended the afternoon with snorkel #2, in the calm of Boca Catalina at the Infinity pool.

And a visit to the waste ground in case we could find the burrowing owl again – and there he was, just outside the borrow!!! Are we fortunate or not!

The last steak of grouper was made into curry again – producing leftovers! Hopefully we will finish it before moving out of La Cabana to our AirBnB on Monday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb