Moving to our AirBnB


Advertisement
Aruba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Aruba » Santa Cruz
September 27th 2021
Published: September 28th 2021
Edit Blog Post

What a great turtle hunt we had this morning - 12 from about 7:15-8:45. Plus FIVE flying gurnards and an eel. And 2 men on those powered underwater things – which scared away our turtles ☹

We had to check out from La Cabana by 10, and we managed that fine thanks to the early start.

This AirBnB in Santa Cruz (more or less the center of the Island) - with 2 bedrooms but just one bath. The second bedroom has 4 bunks! Loaded kitchen, including oil and spices and such, coolers, beach towels, laundry and a place to hang out to dry. Great internet too, so that’s good. It is under the shadow of the Hoolberg, which I keep saying to David that he should walk up and I’ll wave. Roxanne the hostess said it’s good for birdwatching – and it is situated right at the end of the road, with waste ground on the other side of the low wall. Lovely little pool that is shared with just the one other casita – where Roxanne lives.

We did the drift snorkel at Mangel Halto slowly – 1.5 hours. We DID see an ocean triggerfish in the deeper parts – but no photo this time. And we found our second ever barred hamlet – the first one was in Bonaire, so this is a first for Aruba and a much bigger and clearer photo. Well done, diver David!

Had dinner at a local place and then spent at least an hour chatting to our hostess.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb