Thursday - some ocean adventures; back to the beach; dinner at Madame Janette's


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

This morning, the Crofts and Weavers set out on different excursions. The Weavers went on a snorkeling trip, where they ended up being the only customers so they had basically a private booking! They had a great time, including snorkeling around the largest accessible shipwreck in the Caribbean - the Antilla, a German freighter. Meanwhile, the Crofts toured the ocean bottom in a drier environment - a semi-submersible, where there were seats and windows about 10 feet below the deck. We saw reefs and the same shipwreck mentioned above. It wasn't the best situation for pictures, but I posted a few below that aren't too bad.

Back to the beach in the afternoon, after Jeff & Allison were caught in 10 minutes of rain walking back from the boat tour. Although we were about .2 miles from the beach, Patti & Craig reported no rain and total sunshine at the beach. I guess those daily resort fees are used to control the weather...

Another great dinner - this one at Madame Janette's, where we had dinner outside again. No beach here though - we dined amongst trees and plants and festive lighting. And it didn't hurt that is was another perfect, clear evening. The food was outstanding, and everyone had a great time.



(Note - I've included below a couple additional photos from our Wednesday endeavors.)


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

One last shipwreck pic.One last shipwreck pic.
One last shipwreck pic.

It was overwhelming when you realize how immense the freighter was, even as you see it in pieces on the ocean floor.
A rare, non-goofy picture of Craig!A rare, non-goofy picture of Craig!
A rare, non-goofy picture of Craig!

Dinner at Madame Janette's


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb