Friday - beach marathon; last dinner on the beach; last Bushwackers!


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Our last day enjoying Aruba - how did it go by so fast?

Craig decided to go for another session of windsurfing this morning - stepping up to the advanced-level gear - and had a blast. We were all determined to get as much beach time as possible, and it seems like it was extra hot and extra windy today.

After baking on the beach for quite a while, the Weavers and Jeff went on a fast tube ride called the Great Big Mable (I don't know why it's called that). Basically, an inflatable sofa holding 3 or 4 people getting pulled at high speeds behind a boat. Very bumpy (in the boat's wake), lots of air time, and lots of Gs pulled on long, wide turns.

To celebrate our survival, we went to the pool bar and had some refreshments while we listened to a great band (that Patti and Craig had seen - and raved about - Wednesday night at the Hard Rock Café).

Then off to Passions On The Beach, another sunset/beach dinner. And another wonderful meal in a unique setting.

Back at the hotel, we headed for the lobby bar. Almost every night, we ended our day with a round (or two) of Bushwackers, an ice cream drink with vodka, amaretto, chocolate syrup, etc. Afterwards, Jeff would spend a little time at the casino. After some moderate winnings the first couple of nights, it became obvious that we needed to end each night the same way, with the Bushwackers, in order to continue the good luck at the casino. And it worked! The one night we didn't partake, (and Jeff was dumb enough to go to the casino anyway!) money was lost. So no more nights without Bushwackers after that! Overall, it worked out nicely - any time you can go to Aruba for a week of sun, sand, surf, and great meals, and have some winnings to take home with you - that's a dream vacation.



Thank you Weavers for including us on another great vacation!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

The Weavers strap in ...The Weavers strap in ...
The Weavers strap in ...

as they (reluctantly?) agreed to go on this fast, bumpy tube ride that Jeff's been talking about all week.
Our sunset view from dinnerOur sunset view from dinner
Our sunset view from dinner

at Passions on the Beach restaurant.


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb