ARUBA


Advertisement
Published: July 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Aruba, Aruba - a very fun place - the people here are very friendly and lots of fun. Docked right in the centre of town, so very easy to walk around the main area. It really is a desert island - lots of cacti everywhere and not much green grass, except for the bit resorts along the beach that have some lawns. Very humid and warm but also very breezy - apparently it is windy all year. We are only about 19 mile off the coast of Venezuela. After having a long walk around the area decided to hire a driver to take us around the island which was great talking to a local and finding out about their family life etc. Paul was just lovely, had spent quite a bit of time in the Nederlands while his wife was training to be a dialysis nurse - so has very good English and Dutch. Aruba is still under the sovereignty of Nederlands and there are quite a few rich people living here in Aruba. It only rains here, if they are lucky, a few times a year. The beaches here though are just so beautiful, powdery white sand and the water is bright aqua, such a pity it is such a long way from Australia - be lovely to have a week or so here. Sailing 7.00p.m. tonight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

EAGLE BEACHEAGLE BEACH
EAGLE BEACH

White sands and blue waters
VIEW FROM LIGHTHOUSEVIEW FROM LIGHTHOUSE
VIEW FROM LIGHTHOUSE

Warm and breezy
LOCAL HABITATLOCAL HABITAT
LOCAL HABITAT

Prickles everywhere


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb