Buenos Dias


Advertisement
Published: December 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Antigua CityAntigua CityAntigua City

This is the town we're staying in, Antigua. Lots of cobblestone streets, they say it's a massive tourist town but hey I don't notice it that much. We're staying in a great place where you can cook your own stuff - a god sent for saving money!
Hi all,

So cause we're in the same place for a while we thought we should put up some more photos for you all to enjoy because tomorrow we head to Lagos de Atiklan for a couple of nights and then off to Nicaragua for around 4 or 5 days so not sure what the computer accessability will be like there! Here are a couple of pictures of what we've been up to over the past couple of days, first we went to the Chichi markets. This was a seriously long day because we decided to take the torismo shuttle bus instead of the chicken bus, costing a bit more and it was an hour late and didn't have enough seats for everyone but hey we made it after a 3hr ride! And no refund on the money side either, if any of you are coming here make sure you know how to ask for a refund in Spanish otherwise they totally ignore you! ha - anyway Dougs got some great pics of the local kids and I had a seriously bad drawing day but hey - no stress there!

Then today we went to Volcano Pacaya - amazing
ChichicastenangoChichicastenangoChichicastenango

Here are the markets at Chi chi apparently they are only open Thurs and Sun so if you\'re thinking of going make sure you\'re free these days. Lots of colour and plenty of photo ops, Dougs bought a fair bit of stuff - not me too much effort to barter down the price!
- I just loved the hiking, had to get up at 6am but it was worth it. And I practised my Spanish heaps with the guide Jose, take note the english tours all cost heaps more and so it was great today to notice that I could actually understand most of what was being said even though I can't really talk it back - it's only taken one week so bonus! The view from Pacaya was amazing, you could even see to Guatemala City which is pretty nifty. Apparently the lava we saw flowed 3 months ago and takes 1 month to cool completely - it's a must see if you're round here.

Anyway, ciao

Hayley


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Chichi localsChichi locals
Chichi locals

This little girl is just such a clever little thing, certainly knew how to work the system and suprisingly good english! Very cute though - check out the dimples, think Dougs was a bit besotted...he he
Volcano PacayaVolcano Pacaya
Volcano Pacaya

This is the volcano that we hiked up this morning, was a very steep climb and took us about 2 hours to climb up but so worth it absolutely spectacular views. There are 3 active volcanoes in the area and pacaya has 10 craters. Was Moy Bonito!


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb