Hola Mes Amigos


Advertisement
Published: December 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Tulum CavesTulum CavesTulum Caves

After we arrived in Cancun we ended up staying in Tulum on the east coast of Mexico, unfortunately it was raining but we ended up going on a cave tour instead, the photos make it look amazing, it was great except not as spectacular as the photo- he he - Dougs has done well with this one!
Hi Everyone,

Just trying to think where on earth I left off! We've had some seriously interesting bus rides across central america I must admit - the way they work their buses is amazing, people just stand along the road for you're whole trip and the bus just stops and starts so it takes twice as long to get anywhere - but hey that's the fun of it and a great way to practice my spanish!! We're in Antigua for a few days and must admit the Guatamalan highlands have been spectacular and we've experienced all types of weather too! So here's some pics of our adventures so far -

Our ittinery has been:
29th - Cancun (very American and lots of highrises like the gold coast not recommended!)
30th/1st/2nd - Tulum (Little coastal town, cool backpackers 'The Weary Traveller' met lots of people to chat to and continue our journey!)
2nd - Cheutmal (Overnight bus stay - typical town)
3rd/4th - Flores and Tikal ruins
5th - Copan (very very wet!)
6th - Antigua (where we are now!!)

Hope everyone's well, sorry if I haven't written back to everyone but have been seriously busy! Liv and Bridge
La Playa - TulumLa Playa - TulumLa Playa - Tulum

This was the stunning beach (playa) at Tulum - it was the first day we had no rain and we were so happy to hit the water cause that arvo we headed off to Cheutmal on the bus - again! ha - at least their buses are a good way to practice your spanish - I strongly recommend going public not private shuttles to get more of an experiance! Everyone is always very helpul.
have to get your ittinery soon!!
Love H xxox



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Tikal ruinsTikal ruins
Tikal ruins

These are the ruins at Tikal, you can either stay at the ruins over night or stay in a nearby town Flores. It is just the most beautiful little town, sort of like Nagambie where everyone knows eachother! There was a festival on the night we were there trying to convince the locals to drink Gallo, the local beer but I think I was the only one dancing and Dougs and the two english guys we met were the only ones drinking!
Tikal ruinsTikal ruins
Tikal ruins

Again the ruins were massive, we got up at 3am to get there! Muy Hermoso (very beautiful) but we were tired chickens the next day!
FloresFlores
Flores

This is the little island of Flores - just beautiful to walk around the lago (lake), mind you it only takes around 20mins! But great for drawing, mum you'd be impressed i've tried to draw every day so far!
CobanCoban
Coban

So this is Coban, we ended up here and it was pouring with rain, the aim was to go to Semuc Champey except it was just way to wet! Somehow we figured out how to get a refund in Spanish on our prepaid ticket - some things never cease to amaze!! But here\'s a photo of the market and how wet it was before a big adventure to Antigua!


Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0867s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb