It's a fearful thing, but I have to admit I have become a comfort creature, I like my surroundings, coffee done a certain way, pecking away at the puter, taking dogs on an outing and all. Oh I miss them when I'm gone. And it's true, that 2 days into the trip, it is possible that I would wish I could snap my fingers and be back home. Often I have flown across the Atlantic and thought to myself, 'what am I doing up here?'
But it's a fever... here I go again.....
Living proof, the grass is
greener on the other side of the fence...
For no good reason other than just disorganization I have not kept up my travel blog here - have traveled to Alaska (June, July 2014 or was it 2015- will have to check) Germany, Czech Republic (Oct 1016) & Reykjavik & Copenhagan (May 2017), also various road treks locally..... as my was famous for saying, "I'll try to mend my ways".....
Major Trips (over a week, over 1,000 miles)
1) 1984 Israel w/Steve LaMarche
2) 1984 Venezuela, Guatamala, Nicaragua, Belize (w/ Doug Wright, EO Battle, David Royer, Riddlesburger, 'El Gubenor' Bob Adair-
3)1995 France Switzerland Italy Austria Hungary- (visited Crafts in Vienna) w/ Mary Kay; Paris, Bern, Gimmelwald, Salzburg, Vienna, Hungary, Venice, Sienna, Vernazza (Cinque Terre) Arles, Avignon, Paris
4 ) March, 1997 Italy / 2 days in Rome - 4 days in Florence - met Chris in Florence (Milan/Milan)
5) 1999 Feb Italy / Rome, Naples, Amalfi, Catania (Palermo, Marsala, etc. in Sicily w/ Salvatore Archidiacono) (Rome/Catania)
6) 2000 October- Spain & France visited (visited Markham in Madrid) Madrid, Salamanca, Barcelona, Marsaille, Aix In Provence, Sete, Cahors, Villa Franche de Rogerone(sp) Brieve, Paris, Bayeux (Normandy) Dieppe, Paris (Madrid/Paris)
7) 2003 April Italy - Rome, Naples, Palermo, Cefalu, Enna (Rome/Catania)
8) 2004 October- Met Wilsons in Paris - filled container in France / Paris / Reims / Lyon / Marsaille / St. Raphael (Paris/Nice)
9) 2008 September - Catania, Noto, Ragusa, Palazzo Adriano, Erice, Trapani, Pisa, Lucca, Genoa, Aoste, Chaminoux, Cluny, Paris, Belgium (Johan & Weis Lamars), Holland, Germany (Catania/Brussels)
10) 2012 Sept - my Brompton trip!!! Shannon Ireland - Madrid Spain (my 8th time to cross the Atlantic) Cork, Cobh, Kilkenny, Dublin, Liverpool, Kendall, Hawes, York, Whitby, Robin-hoods Bay, Edinburgh, Belfast, Armagh, Donegal, London, Amsterdam, Antwerp, Ghent, Brugge, Boudreaux, Toulouse, Lourdes, St. John de Luz, San Sebastian, Pamplona, Bilbao, Santiago De Compostela Madrid
11) 2013 Sept - Alaskan cruise - From San Francisco port - Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Victoria
W/ MK & Kerrs
12) 2014 Feb & March - Southeast Asia - (first time to cross Pacific!) Thailand, Cambodia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia
13) 2014 Fall Trip to Portugal & Southern Spain, Morocco & Gibraltar, Lisbon, Sintra, Elvia, Seville, Córdoba, Granada, Ronda, Malaga
14) June, July 2015 - ALCAN Highway road trip
15) 2016 Fall Trip to Munich (1 night), Nuremberg (2 nights), Prague (4 nights) - visited Shells; Harburg, Rothenburg, Augsburg
16) 2017 May Trip to Denmark, Norway & Sweden
18) 2018 May 22 - June 2 ALASKA with Joe & Gabe - TRIP OF A LIFETIME for me!!!!
South America 1x
Middle East (Israel) 1x
Alaska X 3
Italy (again!) Genoa, Arrezzo (antique markets), Parma, Bologna, Verona, Carrera, Sardhina
France (again!) Chartres, Burgundy, maybe tie in with Basel, Colmar
Egypt, Jordan, Syria, (well that's pretty well put on the way back burner)
Solomon Islands (my father's WW2)
Moscow, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm,
Would like to ride an elephant in Thailand!