Giant's Doorway


Advertisement
Asia
May 23rd 2016
Published: May 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

It was a coach rather than a minibus which took us to Vientiane. And it was overbooked, so they tried to ask one couple to sit on plastic garden chairs that they placed in the aisle - not surprisingly, they refused and waited for the next bus.
Vientiane is the smallest capital we've visited, with a population of just 250k. We dropped our stuff off at the hotel and went into the central district for a late lunch in a cafe. There was something on the menu for everyone, so there was a lot of excitement around the table and Ed was doubly delighted as it also housed a shop selling blue cheese and authentic French baguettes.
We took a little walk and browsed. The Culture Hall has the largest doorway I've ever seen and we were not quite sure if it was a government building and they'd frown on our photography, anyways, we chanced it and got our snap. Turns out it's where they host visiting artists and musicians.
Our stroll took us to a park that houses a very large night market. Ed was desperate to spend the £5 we gave him for his Lemongrass massage treatments a few days ago. We persuaded him that the choice of trinkets in Kathmanfu would be significantly better.
By the time we got back to the hotel we were all very hot, so Cas took the kids down to the pool. There were some giants orange gym balls and it took a bit of strict direction from Cas about how they could be used to avoid an injury/irritating other pool guests. The pic is pre-safety briefing...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb