Flip Flop Slip Slip


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
May 23rd 2016
Published: May 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast we took off for an hour walk as we had another four hour bus journey. We crossed a wooden plank bridges high was a bit narrow given the vans that also crossed with inches to spare as we moved to the side. We took a route that followed the banks of the River Song, before heading away from the river towards the hills. The rains overnight were very heavy so the trails were muddy and Cas had a number of near miss slips. In the end we all walked barefoot through the squelchy mud and orange puddles and it was great fun. We ended our walk at the base of Pha Poak, a steep hill with a bamboo staircase to climb up and a flag on the top (you can just make it out on the selfie of Cas and I. The limestone cliffs are very picturesque, like Provence but much greener. The trees look like they are cascading down the face of the cliffs, like emerald streams.
It was now a bit of a race to get back before our bus arrived. We washed out very muddy feet and legs in the river and then decided to ford it rather than go via the bridge. Climbing over our hotel wall, we quickly got our bags. The bus was a little late, so Hat and Cas even got a quick swim in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb