here we go again....


Advertisement
Asia
April 22nd 2015
Published: April 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Travelling on Air Canada for an 11 hour flight went surprisingly well ...after the 4hour delay starting . It was dark when we arrived but we had slept enough that after checking in to the hostel we were able to enjoy the Bund all lit up , flashing lights , vidéo scènes on the Walls and MANY people wandering about. It looked good. I did n'y sleep much the first night but I guess I should not have been surprised.

Easter Sunday morning we went to the Cathédrale for mass and it was wonderful .The choir had some strong clear voices and they were complimented by a visiting orchestra from Switzerland .... About 75accordians!!!! it was amazing ! There is no organ in the Church and you would never have known that . What a gréât expérience on Easter morning .

We spent the rest of the day walKing about and experiencing This 21st Century city . The design of the buildings is remarquable ,the Green spaces and flowers are numérous and although there are lots of peoplé about it is calm ... Not frantic in any way. And although cold very Pleasant.

I have been un able to find an internet café in This very tech-savy city so I am using Suzannés iPad . I am confusing it as I am writing in English and it thinks in french . We are frustrât ing each to her so I Shall stop for now.

All is well and i shall keep you posted.

Advertisement



6th April 2015

Hi Pam. I forget which city you landed in! It sounds like a great way to spend Easter. Question of the day: do they have Easter bunnies too?
6th April 2015

Enjoy China
So good to hear you made it safe and sound. The mass with all those accordion's sounds wonderful. We did enjoy that city and the people. Take care we look forward to sharing your journey.
7th April 2015

Where are you?
We are not sure where you are. We look forward to hearing about your adventures. We are in Penticton. Had a good wk in Vegas. Got here today. All are well. Busy. Fun. Not shy. We need to sleep so we can try to keep up to them a little. School tomorrow. So that will give us a chance to have some time with the littles on their own. Hi to Suzanne. Take care of each other. Enjoy. R&C

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb