Romance with the nature at Perumbalam, Alapuzha


Advertisement
Asia
November 19th 2014
Published: November 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Here comes the semester break, what should we girls must be doing to make it an adventurous one? Suddenly, Akshaya came up with the plan of visiting her native place at Alapuzha if her dad offers the house keys. After a hustle bustle, there came up a what's app group named, "Party at Perumbalam". The very next day ,Drisya, Akshaya , and I met at Vytila mobility hub to catch the bus to Poothotta which was around 20 kilometres away from kochi. We got down after an hour journey and marched straight to Perumbalam jetty to see the most beautiful island located on the backwaters of Vembanad lake. As we jumped into the boat, the people around were gazing at us like UFOs from an alien planet as we stood out in the crowd with our stylish chic-like outfits. The 10 minute travel in the boat was serene and we were in a state of utopia enjoying the ripples of the green water, the subtle and silky cloud hiding the radiant sun, the celestial coconut palm leaves swinging in the gentle breeze. Once we got out from the boat, we went to a small tea shop to have our breakfast. We munched the Idiyappam and the popular accompaniment, kadala curry with an urgent pleasure of predator at kill. After fulfilling our gastronomic urges, we trod forward on narrow paths of sparkly white sands and we crossed small foot- bridges very often by baby steps. After a few minutes of trekking, we reached at a huge expanse of paddy fields where we saw the squeaky and buoyant raft of ducks ducking to cool themselves from the sunny sun blithesomely. On our way, we stopped to sit over a canoe and pose for pictures . Getting onto was another funny task as it kept swaying and we were literally wobbling.From there, we sauntered another 2 Kms to a bank near the lake and was getting basked watching the shimmering avacado lake tinted by the profound reflections of the surrounding greenery. We sat down dipping our legs into the mere,restlessly rippling the water and enjoying the fresh coolness.. Meanwhile, Akshaya was crazily trying to prick a prawn that she found and Drisya and I were chit chatting, the winds reverberating and fading our sorrows as it gusted wildly..Sreaming out our double barrelled laughs,accentuated emotions, little sniggers uttering our fishy and impish "NAAaicee" word , we trode back through the meadows and rills to akshaya's house sipping down buttermilk to rejuvenate our spirits. It was around 3 pm, we had bread, kadala curry, and black tea for lunch and happily moved to catch our penultimate boat to return back home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb