The Royal Mysore!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Mysore
November 12th 2014
Published: November 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Mysore is a mesmerising ancient city of palaces in South India. I started off the journey on 12Th of Nov at around 8 in the night by bus along with a bunch of energetic and enthusiastic chumps. On Thursday morning, we checked in at Ashirwadh Hotel and straight away went to explore the Zoological Garden which was interestingly set up in around 8-10 acres within an exquisite bandstand. The zoo authorities do not allow one to carry plastics and food items as part of their new project scheme ,which means that , we had a tiring time covering the entire zoo being thirsty.But the zoo invited us to a fascinating planet altogether.This planet not only contained varied varieties of animals, but also beautiful walk throughs surrounded by natural vegetation, wide range of flora and fauna, and many rare species .Devika and I , even though two nature buffs , we found it a mammoth task to reach the exit point. We sauntered quiet too fast while the rest from my gang was indulged in clicking the wildlife. We then set out to visit the magnificent and the most opulent Mysore palace known as Amba Vilas Palace. The beauty of palace is beyond my words can possibly encompass. It's corridors, antiques made of gold, silver ,and ivory, the majestic domes , chandeliers, the whole architectural elements were all very much awe- inspiring. One can never take their eyes off from it's colourful and intricate paintings the covers both the walls and ceilings of the palace with its rich detail about the myths, tales of war and love with its essence of Hindu-Islam Rajput fusion . We girls got highly jealous of the wodeyar rulers for their lavishness and luxury, but the sad part was that we were not allowed cameras inside the palace so as to capture the royal moments. After a small siesta, we wriggled our way up to the Chamundi Hills.This place apart from being the area of the oldest temple , it the prime view point where one can see the whole of Mysore City. The night view , when the entire city is illuminated is something never to be missed. We girls got on top of a narrow parapet beside the road to get hypnotised in the bright and mind blogging scene in the panorama. Some of the us were too crazy to stand over the narrow parapet and to click the risky and dangerous selfies so as to outdo others in Facebook. After a chilly frozen venturing to the hilltop gulping down pani puris and hot teas, we returned and crashed onto our beds as quickly so as to wake up for yet another adventurous royal visits to Tippu palace and monastery. The Tippu Sulthan's Summer palace is comparatively less luxurious, situated within large area and is simple with its wooden architecture and faded paintings in its inside which is worth visiting. We then travelled another couple of hours to Coorg to experience the exciting White water Rafting . We jumped into to the rafts with few experts for a secured adventure paddling. The most memorable part of the rafting was whirling the raft and jumping into the river out of sheer excitement. After getting fully soaked we decided to go for musical night party amidst coconut farm and trees to recharge our batteries. We bunch of girls were banging our heads and tapping our foot with the rhythm of disco lights and DJ music giving a final touch to our adventurous trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb