Bye Bye Bangkok, bring on Hong Kong.


Advertisement
Asia
August 28th 2006
Published: August 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

HELLO, I'm on the phone!!!HELLO, I'm on the phone!!!HELLO, I'm on the phone!!!

Check out the shine!
Hello people, its us again, yapping on about what we have been doing whilst you poor people have been hard at work!!!!! WE KNOW WE WILL BE DOING THE SAME IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS, after we find a job!!

So we are still good, still having a great time.

After our relaxing time on Koh Samet we got back to Bangkok in the afternoon and after arriving at the bus station we found ourselves a really friendly guesthouse called 'The four son's'. But not until we negotiated a long walk on the island, a fishing boat to the mainland, a 4 hour bus ride, a couple of skytrains followed by a ferry up the river to the backpackers area of Bangkok.

Our final visit to the very likeable city of Bangkok consisted of a trip to the weekend market (Chatuchak) where we attempted to start our souvineer shopping until it got crazily busy and hot.
We did the usual visit down the famous or infamous Khoa San road, which is absolutely crazy at nightimes, full of backpackers, drunk people, locals selling ping pong shows and probably scammers and pickpockets as well.
We trailed around the shopping malls,
Come on if ya think ya hard enoughCome on if ya think ya hard enoughCome on if ya think ya hard enough

Melissa at Chatuchak market.
again looking for souvineers and where Melissa got her nails done for less than a pound. I, Andy am thinking of getting my hair done!!!!

We had a trip to the KFC again as we now seem to be eating more Western food as I think we are riced out!!

As we had been here a couple of times before we found ourselves quite easily getting around this smoggy, crazy, busy city.

We also booked ourselves a minibus to the airport with the same guesthouse that took us before. Read our next blog to find how that little journey went. FAST DRIVER???? ON TIME????











Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The ferry up the riverThe ferry up the river
The ferry up the river

Check out the clouds.
Wat ArunWat Arun
Wat Arun

We never made it here, but it looked cool from the river.
Why is everyone wearing yellow shirts????Why is everyone wearing yellow shirts????
Why is everyone wearing yellow shirts????

Because they love the king! Not Elvis, Their King!!!


31st August 2006

Looking forward to seeing you...
Hey guys, Glad you're still having a good time after 51 weeks on the go. Not long now until you're home and we can't wait to see you (maybe we can wait to see the 15 hour slide show!) Hope Hong Kong goes well and we'll see you for lunch on Saturday! xx
31st August 2006

Fantastic Record
We have enjoyed following you journey and the reports you have sent to us all have been fantastic. Thank you for sending your stories and pictures.. Hope to see you soon Diana

Tot: 0.518s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 28; qc: 134; dbt: 0.4039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb