A little bit of Samet different. BEACHES AND SUN!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Samet
August 26th 2006
Published: August 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So what did we do on this beautiful island?
Not much is the answer. Our days consisted of lying on the soft white sand everyday, sometimes having lunch. Going back to our room to get ready for the evening and then going out for dinner, playing cards and watching the movies in the restaurants.
We topped up our tans for our arrival back to sunny England.

The island was quite stunning, white sand, warm water and we were lucky enough to have some truly great weather. On the island there was a mixture of backpackers, local and international holiday makers and quite a lot of pretty Thai women with big fat western men!!!! Its so crazy to see. Oh and there was also quite a large number of chick boys, probably more chick than boy as they were knocking on 6 foot, deep voices, but with a firm pair of boobs and nice pretty ribbons in their jet black staightened hair!!! THATS CRAZY TO SEE!!!!!

The island is classed as a national park. Ok then so that must mean it's protected, yes? Wanna bet!!! The amount of traffic running up and down the small dirt roads was unbelievable. The island is obviously becoming much more touristy as well, with cash machines and mini marts. Because it is a national park we had to pay 200 Baht entrance fee, YES WE DID!!! NOT THE LOCAL THAI PEOPLE, THEY GET IN FOR 20 BAHT, 10 times less than westerners. This Thai goverment really knows how to rub salt in the wounds!!


After 6 days of sunning and swimming and reading we dragged ourselves away to go back to Bangkok for a couple of days before we finish off our round the world trip in HONG KONG!! See you all in a week!!!!!










Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

MozziesMozzies
Mozzies

I tell you there were swarms of these and they were massive!


30th August 2006

Hong Kong
Hi guys- my daughter Eleanor arrived in Hong Kong a couple of days ago to work for a year teaching English to kindergarten kids. She is living in Tuen Mun on the mainland. She's hoping to get a landline phone in her flat connected- if she manages to before you go I'll let you have the number!! Take care Ivor.

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0878s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb