Malaysia Dec '12


Advertisement
Asia
December 11th 2012
Published: December 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

China is finished. Had an amazing 3 weeks travelling around, mostly on overnight trains and seeing all the "delights" that China had to offer. Missing Mum now though!

We have travelled from Penang (where we both flew into) to KL (Kuala Lumpur) and spent a few days there, then we flew over to Malaysian Borneo (Sabah). We had a few days in KK (Kota Kinabalu) where we stayed in a place called Lucy's Homestay, where we had a curfew at night, had to take our shoes off to come inside and I got told off for closing the door too noisily(by Lucy the wee lady who owned the place)!!!

Decided it was time to make our way further south, to Sandakan. It was supposed to be a 6 hour journey, so we arrived at the bus station on time for the 9pm bus, but it was full. We managed to get a seat on the 10pm bus, on the back seat beside the bus toilet! It was supposed to take 6 hours but took 7. Arrived here tired and needing a shower. We were recommended a little hotel called May Fair by a German couple, each room has its own wide screen tv and dvd player, which Ian loved as it was showing the Man U v Man City game. There are hunsdreds of dvds in the reception which you can use for free.

We booked a trip out to Turtle Island for Wednesday, only 50 people are allowed out there each night to see the turtles coming onto the beach at night, so we were very lucky to have our place to go. As we have had a few days to kill while we wait to go out to the Island, we went to an Orang-utan rescue center today, which was lovely. We got to see some Orang-Utan's coming to feed this morning.

So tomorow morning we go out onto TUtrtle Island, stay there for one night, then we will get a bus to Semporna, where we will be going out to Mabul Island on the 15th to start our PADI course. Fingers crossed we both pass!

Will up-date soon, hope you are all well,

Paula and Ian xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb