Mui Ne, Vietnam


Advertisement
Asia
November 27th 2012
Published: November 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We spent the last week of our honeymoon in Mui Ne Vietnam. After all of our ‘difficult’ travel, we decided we needed a proper beach vacation. We spent much of our time lounging, took a surf lesson on a mini wave, and enjoyed watching the kite surfers and windsurfers (Mui Ne the kite surfing capital of Asia because there is a pretty consistent wind). Odlly enough, Mui Ne is also the Russian tourist capital of Asia as well. Apparently there are very cheap flights form Moscow, and the Vietnamese wave the visa.



As flawless as our travel has been, we sadly had our Ipad and a little bit of money stolen while here. Such a bummer, especially as we were in the home stretch. We had rented a motor bike for the week (surprise, surprise). All motos have a little bit of storage space under the seat which locks with a key. We, of course, assumed that we were the only ones with a key to the moto, but apparently we were wrong. After a short hike up some sand dunes in which we had left a bag with the Ipad locked under the seat, we returned and
So sad So sad So sad

were parting ways, Jenn's so sad.
the Ipad and some USD were gone. It certainly could have been worse, as in their haste they managed to bypass the credit that was inside.



I write of our misfortune in part to talk about the ridiculous process of trying to obtain a police report for insurance purposes. Upon realizing the theft, we went to a nearby hotel where the English speaking hosts escorted us to a police station. Having been a Saturday, we more or unless understood when they told us to come back on Monday. Having arrived Monday bright and early, the same officer asked us to return on Tuesday. On Tuesday we came equipped with a note in Vietnamese that we were merely looking for a stamp, or something official for insurance purposes. This officer sent us to a different police station, in which they did nothing for us either. So frustrating. We think we have enough that our insurance company will be happy, but we realized quickly that we’d never see our Ipad again (nor would they even begin to look for it) and they would not be willing to help us with anything we needed.



Despite the theft, we had an amazing, unparalleled 8 weeks of travel. We board a night bus tonight for Saigon (at 1 am), at which point Philip flies to Phu Quoc for a quick 4 days before flying back to the States, and I board a flight to Sydney, to hang out ‘Down Under’ until sometime around Christmas. We will miss each other, and traveling, but will relish the memories for our lifetime.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Kite surfingKite surfing
Kite surfing

this photo does not do any justice to the amount of chaos that is kite surfing here.


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb