Travels with a Burnt Out Do Gooder


Advertisement
Asia
August 31st 2012
Published: August 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

So until about 5 days ago, I thought my biggest problem getting ready for this trip was all the conflicting advice I was receiving about the innoculations I need for this trip to Asia. Father Luke says I don't need much. John, his annual travel companion to Vietnam says bring a ton of cipro, and any other meds you might need, in triplicate. The CDC says get every innoculation known to man, my regular doctor says just get Hep A, but the pharmacist says, "Is he crazy? You need these zillion things!" So I went to an infectious disease specialist and started a battery of shots for everything from soup to nuts, and received a huge list of advisories and precautions such as no street food, no uncooked food, no salad, etc. etc.

And as tho that werent enough, a few days ago my car, shut off and parked in my driveway, with the emergency brake on, and rolled into the street dragging me with it and hitting a tree. Yes, my feet are bandaged up and I have back pain.

What, me accident prone? Nah! I refuse to believce the travel gods are warning me to stay home!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb