Phnom Penh Day Two


Advertisement
Asia
April 20th 2012
Published: April 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Had a lil sleep in this morning, brekky and met Mr Bora our tuktuk driver for Phnom Penh out the front of the hotel. Another lovely man, so lucky to meet such beautiful people.

Have i mentioned how HOT it is here?? LOL it is literally the hottest i have ever felt! Hot, Hot, Hot!

We visited the national musem today, so many gorgeous ancient artifacts and art kept here. Then we went to the Royal Palace, wich is massive. So many beautiful temples, pagodas and the grounds are amazing too. Spent quite a bit of time here taking pictures and talking to a monk.A young guy who was really sweet.

We had lunch at the riverside and i had a vegetarian curry and Mic chicken amok. Both were yummy and very rich!

We went to Central Market for some shopping, where i bought 2 gorgeous rings! We lanned on going to the russian markets in the evening but didnt realise the close at 5pm :-( Shame as i really didnt buy any souveniers as was planning on buying there. Oh well, live and learn.

We spent some time chatting with Mr Bora, learning about his family, life etc and you cant help but be humbled by the harsh life these people are leading and still smiling. We truly, have nothing to complain about in Australia.

This was reinforced by chatting with the hotel bellboy later that night, he is working to try and go to Uni, and some of his stories from growing up send chills down your spine.

Mr Bora dropped us at the hotel and we had a cool shower n cooled down, we were planning on having an early night, but decided to call him back and ask him to take us to the local shopping centre. Haha once we arrived we realised, we were possibily the only tourist in there and wasnt exactly what we were expecting. There was a pizza restaurant so we headed in there and had dinner. Here we saw a women transform a tiny dessert bowl to a massive salad bowl at the salad buffet, by stacking the salad and vegies just so lol, we were impressed. Piza was yummy, so we took one out for Mr Bora and his family too.

Back to the hotel and packed now and ready for the bus in the morning, were off to Ho Chi Minh...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb