RIHLA #21


Advertisement
Asia
March 5th 2012
Published: March 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Modern slavery is different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history because in earlier forms of slavery, slaves were beaten in public. Slavery was not abolished then and was legal. Now in modern slavery, slaves are being used to work for little or no pay. No one knows about the turtore they are going through unless they escap and get to tell their story.

2. Movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln because he was curious to see how far the country has come dealing with slavery. He proclamation was followed by the the 13th Amendment, which made slavery illegal in the United States.The movement against sex trafficking is also dealing with slavery and how it needs to be abolished.

3. Polaris project was a project that helped guide slaves to freedom along the Underground Railroad. This was created for people who suspect trafficking is occuring in their communications. I believe this is a great project because this can help decrease the amount of victims experiencing trafficking, slavery and prostitution.

4. I agree that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery. This is the same as slavery because victims are caused to things that they dont want to do. They are threatened and not experiencing freedom.

5. Other examples of modern day slavery would be how some people work for drug dealers and if they dont sell enough drugs or complete the task they are beaten sometimes killed.

6. No questions/comments



Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb