OZ!


Advertisement
Asia
May 31st 2011
Published: May 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys! I'm very sorry its been such a long time since I last wrote but I had forgotten my password and also the internet site itself had been playing up so...lots to say!

Basically I cant remember what the last entry was so I'm just going to explain from the beginning 😊
We stayed in Brisbane for a week but we were quite unfortunate as when we arrived everything was closed for Easter; so we hung around waiting for things to open so that we could see what Brisbane was really like. We then met with Mr James Pyle and we took the Greyhound (which is basically a big coach that travels up and down the east coast) and we went to Mooloolaba where we stayed for two nights. While we were there we went to the Austrailian Zoo which was absolutely amazing! Saw everything from crocs to koalas to tigers and some awesome fat elephants! We were also at Mooloolaba at the time of the Royal Wedding which was quite fun as everyone at the hostel got dressed up in the most fancy clothes they had and we all had free glasses of champagne and free pizza and watched it on the big projecter screen.

From Mooloolaba we went to Noosa which was a really lovely place but we only stayed there for one day as it was a stopover on the Greyhound which broke the journey up a bit but of what we saw there was a lovely beach and some really good shops. We then headed off to Rainbow Beach and stayed in a place called Dingos which is where most people stay if there about to do the Fraiser Island tour, which we were planning on doing until we were told that we wouldn't be able to drive and so we gave it a miss. However, when we arrived there that wasn't the case and we could have driven and so we were all quite annoyed about that. Nonetheless we still had a good few days there down at the beach, which had huge waves to play in.

Then we headed to Airlie Beach which was a long time on the coach (roughly 16 hours to get there) but well worth it. We ended up booking the Whitsunday Sailing for two days two nights and it was absolutely amazing! We chose to go on the British Defender so you could actually do some sailing during the day but also have a few drinks at night. The weather wasn't great during the few days but we were very lucky that when we got to Whithaven Beach the sun broke through the clouds and it was lovely and hot for the time that we were there. And it really is as gorgeous as the pictures portray it! We also saw some massive turtles just swimming alongside the boat. The snorkelling was great too.

From there we have come to Ayr! Which is where we have been for the last three weeks. Me and Al have both managed to get work on a farm with leory which is quite good as its very busy - 6 days a week and 8 hours paid a day so earning a good amount of money. We are currently living in a small two man tent-still waiting for a room 😞 its been very cold at night, especially when you have to get up at 5.40 in the morning! We've met some lovely new people who have been really welcoming and friendly. Had a great night out last weekend when we went to the races and everyone got dressed up - hope to add the photos soon 😊

Speak to you soon........
love bry and al xx
p.s the location is wrong i know but it did not seem to have Oz as an option?!?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb