Last Day in Pai


Advertisement
Asia
April 22nd 2011
Published: May 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Red bugsRed bugsRed bugs

All things red are for Emily
Tris spent the morning fishing after we checked out of our room. He didn't catch anything again though. We went to town for some lunch around 2:00pm and then went for a little motorbike ride to burn some gas in the bike. We saw a sign to a waterfall so headed that way. The trail was really pretty with lots of butterflys right along the creek. We saw a guy and he told us that it was another 2 hours walking to get to the falls. We didn't have any water with us, or anything for that matter, so decided to head back to the farm. Tris is going to do some more fishing before we head into town to catch our bus. There has been 2 other guys fishing when Tris has been and they talked a little bit through out the last few days. We really clicked with them today and they've given us great info on Malaysia. They also are heading to the border tonight, and taking the fast boat to Luang Prabang.

On route to the border

We showed up at Aya at 7:30pm and left at 8:00pm as scheduled. The 6 hour bus ride turned into 8 hours. Everyone was pretty tired when we reached the place for the night, but I guess its better he drove safe down the windy roads then like a maniac.
When we first walked into the room we got for the night we were impressed. We heard from our friends that the rooms were disgusting. It looked clean though and spacious. Then Tris climbed in bed. It looked like he could feel the springs with how far he sunk into the mattress, he said, 'no, I can feel the floor.' The mattress has obviously been used for many years. There are big indents of where bodies have slept.




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

cowcow
cow

this guy wanted to charge at me
Run and OrnRun and Orn
Run and Orn

and our new friends George and Lauren


Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb