Pai


Advertisement
Asia
April 21st 2011
Published: May 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Panda in the wheel barrowPanda in the wheel barrowPanda in the wheel barrow

Panda works all day with the workers
Well like I wrote yesterday, it was the same today. We woke up, had some breakky and Tris went off to fish. No luck all morning. Everyone around him caught 2 or 3, and he caught nothing. He thought maybe he was doing something wrong, but his bait was the same as everyone elses. We head to the border tomorrow evening, spend the night, and then cross to Laos early morning. We decided to do the speed boat option. It was $20 more each, but it saves us a day. The boats aren't comfortable. The seats are plywood and hard as rocks. So the 8 hours on a boat for 2 days doesn't seem that enjoyable. So we chose the 8 hours for 1 day on a boat option. We are going to bring our hoodies and towels to sit on. We've found this lovely little cafe/restaurant called the Witching Well. The food is AMAZINGLY good. Everything from the pesto pasta salad, to the sundried tomato sandwich, to the Chicken fillet burger with dijon mustard, to the grilled cheese with red pepper chutney is BRILLIANT! Their smoothies are scrumpious too with fresh fruit and juices. Mmm Mmm Mmm. They have lots of vegan and vegetarian options too. I find restaurants like this always serve food with lots of flavor, which I love!
AFTERNOON
Much like the morning, but finally HE CAUGHT ONE, HE CAUGHT ONE!! I was inside the room watching 'Confessions of a Shopaholic' so I didn't get a photo, but HE CAUGHT ONE!! A guy from Holland that arrived this afternoon came and watched Tris for a bit, and he helped Tris bring it in. Tris caught a cat fish that was about 10-12 lbs, he was quite little fighter.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb