Next couple of days in Krabi


Advertisement
Asia
April 3rd 2011
Published: May 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Not much to say for the first few days. Tris got sick, I got sick. We think Tris maybe from the Thai cooking, and me a kidney infection. Easy enough though we went to the pharmacy, told them I am allergic to Penacillin, asked if they had Cipro and sure enough they did. They charged me $1.50 for 10 pills and off I went. If only it was that easy at home eh. The only thing we really did was jumped on a songthaew, which I learned means "Two Rows" in Thai (the back of the truck has two rows of seats in it..) and went to a beach town in Krabi called Ao Nang. We walked around, did some shopping..nothing to exciting.

Sunday we woke up and I thought its sunny, lets have a beach day. So we packed up a bag and took a longtail boat to Railey. We spent most of our time at the East beach. The beach wasn't that nice but a beach is a beach. The sand had a lot of fallen tree stuff from the storms we've had, and the water had the same. All in all we got some sun burns, played in the water and took some pictures. We wanted to check out the West beach but once we walked on the trail a we ways we decided to turn around. It was quite a trek and we weren't really in treking clothes ie: flip flops and bathingsuits. We both are glad we tried going though. We were walking along and Tris jumps back on the trail and says "HOLY SHIT BABE", and im like "what what what" scared it was a huge bear.. bear was the first thing that popped into my head for some reason. We saw a HUGE lizard. That was the highlight of our day. It wasn't a typical lizard either. It had a really pointy head like an ant eater, but it wasn't an ant eater. We also saw what I think was a frog, but Tris said it had a tail... on a leaf. We went back to find a long tail back to the mainland. The tide had gone out a lot, and we had to walk along this cement pathway built for pedestrians to walk on to get out to the boats and low tide. There was a lady on our boat originally from Laos and we got talking to her. We told her that to go to a Muay Thai fight a foreigner has to pay 1000 baht each. And she laughed and said it only costs a Thai person 100 baht. We are thinking in Chiang Mai we will maybe pay a thai person 100 or 200 baht to buy us a couple tickets haha. We fly back to Bangkok tomorrow. Its confirmed that the train is not going. Surat Thani is still underwater. Sucks for them, but makes us happy as we know we'll get a refund on our tickets.





Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb