Indo and singers


Advertisement
Asia
March 16th 2011
Published: May 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Part #6 indonesia finally

After initial fears (thanks to flight agency that claimed I could not catch the flight without an Indo visa) I landed and strolled through immigration, jumped in a blue bird and headed toward the familiar peak towers. After 2 days of sleepless trains flights airports and taxis I was exhausted and the taxi ride to the peak was taking a significantly longer time than usual (2.5 hours). Despite my normal rule for defeating jetlag, push to stay awake until nighttime, I crashed immediately. The following days were a blur of waking up at 5pm and sleeping around 7am. Jess was away on disaster journey with mum in Cambodia, and arrived back late the night of Ashley's dinner party. I arrived and met the wonderful Ashley and the lovely Ben (whom I'd yet to place as jess' current bf) so after some drinks and fun, and loads of chatting jess arrived and properly intro'd me to ben. From there it was off to gotan project then we continued on to a place called blowfish where we accidentally stumbled upon mark ronson. Next day we did brekkie at social house and then went for a walk around and went off to Kota to see the new mystery Batavia exhibit. Closed. Next day off to jogjakarta for the language course. Took the 8 hour train and arrived at the station looking for the person from the school who said they would meet me there, after a few minutes gave up and walked to town, it was all very familiar after having done it a year before with Ineke Suus and tam. Found a hostel and booked myself in for the night. Woke up next day and went to my first class with a girl called niken. Afterwards went to my Homestay to meet the family I'd be staying with, turned out there were 4 other foreigners staying there too. Not the local experience I was hoping for but still fun. Met up with Julian, old family friend who was studying there and got a motorbike. That weekend had to head back to Jakarta for ben'd farewell party, for which jess had organized a party bus that picked us all up after surprising ben at home and took us to his favorite German restaurant for some drinks and food, then another bar up the road, then peppeneros for dinner then off to mgmt concert (which was sadly terrible) then we all ended up back at martha's house swimming in her pool at 4am! Great night. Then it was back to jogja for another week of learning and motorbiking around, and fun times, then back to Jakarta for a week of relaxing, including a trip to taman safari with Geoff Ashley clare and Freya, where you take a car through a zoo/safari and feed carrots and bananas to all the animals that come up to the car (hippos elephants giraffes lions tigers included). After a few days of hanging out in Jakarta and exploring and squash and social house brekkies, I had to head off to Singapore to renew my visa. 

Arrived in Singapore and had a wonderful time. Only a two night trip, but started by exploring china town and staying in a hostel, then went all over the Chinatown area, walked the massive mall and shopping streets, and then walked forever out to the botanic gardens and strolled around. After that I met up with Geoff from Jakarta who was staying there for work that weekend. I crashed in his room that night then flew back to Jakarta the next morning.
Once back in Jakarta, we had to get ourselves ready to head off for freya's party evening, we raced off to a nice bar, had some drinks then straight to x2 for dancing! Then back home. Had a final relax day in Jakarta and then on the plane to makassar!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.369s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb