Back home in Bhubaneswar


Advertisement
Asia
February 22nd 2011
Published: February 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast at a temple Breakfast at a temple Breakfast at a temple

We randomly came across this amazing temple - a wedding had just taken place and we were invited to take breakfast
This is just a very short blog to say there will soon be more blogs!!

I have just returned home from a 5 week southern sojourn to Tamil Nadu and Kerala. I rode Gladys (the Enfield) down and did about 4,000 klms before chickening out on riding back from Chennai. I took the train on Feb 18th back to Bhubaneswar. Sadly Gladys is still stuck at Chennai four days later - apparently no room on any of the many trains coming up (hard to believe). SO I wait in hope.....

The trip was fabulous - many places, many people, many experiences. The highlight was that I met my chat/ skype pal of 3 months (Carolina - a 29 year old volunteer Teacher/ Speech Therapist in a small village in South India) for the first time face to face. We got on very well and spent the entire time together. She is off back to Spain next week and we will see what the next chapter in that story is. Perhaps she will visit Australia later this year. I hope so.

I only have a few pics from Carolina's post on Picasa. The rest are packed on Gladys stuck in Chennai.

Enough for now to say all is well - back here to work another couple of months in my placement. Then two months more touring before the plan to return to the land of kangaroos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Watch out for elephantsWatch out for elephants
Watch out for elephants

Between Kodaikonal and Ooty
Elephant to crossElephant to cross
Elephant to cross

By the road from Ooty to Calicutt - Mamamalai National Park


22nd February 2011

Poor Gladys
Look forward to the expanded version and more piccies. Hugs Marguerite
22nd February 2011

Amazing!!!
It was an amazing trip dude!!! Wow! Fantastic!! It could be a one week trip but look, we did it pretty well!! Gladys is still in Chennai.... bastards!!!! Enjoy your months in Bhubaneswar (don't get grumpy!) and plan something special for May and June! See you soon (ups....) (maybe in Australia?)
23rd February 2011

Lovely photographs, would like to see more of course .... Sarita

Tot: 0.376s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 20; qc: 76; dbt: 0.2066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb