Highlights


Advertisement
Asia
February 5th 2011
Published: February 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

All of our days are very full but here are a few highlights that we've experienced so far. After ferrying across the river we somehow found ourselves in the middle of a school yard with tiny Thai children running circles around us as they giggled behind their hands and said hello. They kept saying "you, you!" and speaking Thai. We think they wanted us to eat with them in their cafeteria but we thought we probably couldnt actually do that unfortunately.
Having a foot massage in chiang Mai after a morning full of walking. The ladies thought it was hilarious that Chris was so ticklish. I think she purposely sought out his most ticklish spots ie toes.
Feeling relaxed, we headed to wat chedi luang which I had read about in the lonely planet. After some very easy navigation through the alleyways we came right to it. We like to go into the wats (temples) and sit for a bit during the heat because it's cool and tranquil inside but this particular wat was wonderful because we had a "monk chat". After wandering around forlornly and looking somewhat lost a very friendly young monk guided us out to a stone table in the garden and proceeded to chat with us. He had been a monk since he was nine and was now at the university to get A masters in education. He told us a little bit about Buddhism and his daily routines as a monk. We both realty appreciated him talking with us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.293s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb