Day 22 - Phnom Pehn to Ho Chi Mihn City


Advertisement
Asia
September 24th 2010
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

We went for an early breakfast and then left the hotel around 8. We took a bus to the bus station and another bus took us to the border, taking around 3 hours. After about an hour at the Cambodian and Vietnamese borders we set off again on a bus for around 2 hours. We arrived at our hotel, Hong Thien Loc around 3.

We went for a walk around Ho Chi Minh and then check out the market which was very similar to other markets we have been to. After this I had a change from ice cream and had some frozen yoghurt!

We then went along to the City Hall and a famous statue. We went to the top of the Rex hotel which was supposed to have a great view but didn't! We then saw he opera house and walked back to the hotel & got pretty lost along the way. It is insane here there are so many motorbikes & they far outweigh the number of cars. You have to cross the road whilst traffic is coming and motorbikes are supposed to go around you.

Not long after we made our way back to the hotel we went for dinner. I had a traditional vietnamese noodle soup, which I didn't overly enjoy.

Next we went for drinks, we wanted some home brewed beer for 5000 Dong, but they had run out so we had some Saigon beers which cost just over 1 pound for 3!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb