Thailand


Advertisement
Asia
September 16th 2010
Published: September 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well I made it to Thailand, just for anyone who is thinking of making the trip, the flight between Vancouver and Hon Kong was 12 and 1/2 hours. The flights were great though, security and customs in Canada are much stricter, I was through security in Hong Kong in 15 minutes, came into Thailand, was not asked one question.

Thailand, what I have seen so far, is different than what I thought it would be. The islands are beautiful as is the beach. The town is much like what you would find in Dominican, including all the bikes, the hawkers on the beach and the housing.

It rained yesterday but today is sunny and very hot. I went to the beach for a few hours, rented an umbrella and a seat, it was quite nice. The beach is ab out a ten minute walk from the hotel. There are shops all the way down, as I told Crystal the biggest bother are the guys trying to sell suits, the are very pushy.


The Thai peoploe are indeed very friendly, they are more than willing to help with any problem and they all try to speak English which is great.

That is about it for today, am going to try and crash for awhile, the time change is really apparent!

More later in the week.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb