Feeling hot hot hot


Advertisement
Asia
February 8th 2010
Published: February 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Krabi!

We are still in Thailand...feeling the heat. Most days in the city its about 35 degrees...and boy am I ever feeling it. We're drinking lots of water though and staying hydrated...so all is good.

So we did some scuba diving at Sail Rock and off the beach in Ko Phangan for 2 days and although the visibility wasnt great, it was still really nice to get back out there. Cristina and Chantal are now certified divers, so we're going to do some diving when we head to Ko Phi Phi in a few days.

We left Ko Phangan a few days ago (I'm sooooo losing track of days haha) and headed to Khao Sok national park. We stayed 2 nights at this place called Art's Riverview Lodge (for nature lovers only!) which was beautiful. It was right on this little river (hence the "riverview" in the name) and surrounded by limestone cliffs. At 5pm you could come watch the monkeys do their thing across the river. They are quite cute but you also really need to watch your stuff because apparently they'll snatch just about anything of value in order to get you to feed them as a bribe to get it back. Sneaky...
Anyways, we met back up with Nathalie (Cristina's sister) and her friend Marielle (HI GIRLS!! We miss you already...) at this lodge and had a nice evening just hanging out and going for a wee swim. The next day, we left on our overnight lake trek in the heart of the national park. Our guide, Em (pronounced Aim) was the coolest dude ever. Very rasta like. Totally chill. We couldn't have asked for a better guide.
We drove to the pier and then hopped on a long tail boat to get to our floating huts where we were staying overnight. Literally, a long row of bamboo huts floating on the lake. Pretty cool.
From there, we went on a jungle trek (essentially a nature walk with a nice lookout point) and a few "safaris" (a boat ride at night where they tried to spot animals in the trees with a huge spotlight) and a morning safari the next day where we did the same thing.
We also went on a walk through a cave which was pretty neat.

Afterwards, we boated back to the pier and Em took us to the bus station in Khao Sok where we waited for the local bus. Marielle and Nat took the bus to the train station and we continued on to the bus station to make our connection here to Krabi.
So, we have parted ways....
It feels like something's missing....

We got to Krabi last night around 830 and managed to find a room in a pretty cheap place. We walked around a bit last night and Cristina was up early this morning and also took a walk and we've decided to keep on trekking. The beach a few km away is supposed to be unreal so we're going to try to get there today we think. Its called Hat Rai Leh beach....(I think that's how you spell it anyways...).

Oh, also. We've modified our route for the trip overall. No more Indonesia (too far, too expensive to get there), so we've added in Malaysia and a bit more of Cambodia. That's the plan so far anyways. Who knows if we'll decide on something different in the future...

We're happy and healthy. Everyone's getting along just dandy. And we're excited for what's to come.

Hope everyone is staying warm...

Love Ashley.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb