JUMP! for joy


Advertisement
Asia
December 22nd 2009
Published: December 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: JUMP! #1 38 secs
2: JUMP! #2 46 secs
3: JUMP! #3 21 secs
4: JUMP! #3 37 secs
Photo 1Photo 1Photo 1

Throughout the show this "old lady" would slowly and painfully move across the stage towards the spot light, only for the light to move when she got to it. It was quite comical!
This weekend we got together with a bunch of foreigners to go see the amazingly talented performers in the production JUMP! It's along the same lines as Cirque du Soleil, in that they tell a story with no words, just actions and sounds, but rather than acrobatics, this show is based on martial arts. And it was amazing!

First of all, there were about 20 foreigners at this show so most of us ran into some of our students at some point (they would say "Teacher hi" then run away if you asked them anything beyond that) and I think most people were shocked to see foreigners there. I found out later that my co-teacher Sunny, who had helped me order the tickets, had called the arts centre before the show to make sure they had my tickets set aside and she was told that they were nervous for us to arrive since they didn't speak any English! haha! So another foreigner actually arrived before me, went to the ticket window, and seeing a foreign face, they said "dah-ni-yell?" and she said sure! so they gave her the tickets! Nothing to worry about!

The show itself was awesome! It was no problem that we don't speak the language because there were very few words spoken. There were a couple story lines, one a love story between two characters (the ones that come out at the end in wedding attire in the videos - if they worked!) and another one about a robbery (the two guys dressed in black are the burglers). The fighting scenes were the best because they had perfect timing and made the hits appear real even though they weren't! I'm not sure if I can adequately describe just how amazing this show was!

After the show we all went back to Pat's house (he has the biggest house of all the foreigners) for a Christmas party and we attempted to make eggnog! It took a lot of time, stirring and guessing, but in the end we had something that loosely resembled and vaguely tasted like eggnog, but was nowhere as good as the real deal!

Finally, the holiday season is upon us. We would like to wish each and every one of you a very safe, happy and Merry Christmas!! Although we are thousands of miles away, we are thinking of you and missing you very much! We would love to hear about your holiday plans and get-togethers too!
xoxo


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Photo 13Photo 13
Photo 13

Why not answer the phone with your toes? I do it all the time....


Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb