Benaulim


Advertisement
Asia
December 3rd 2009
Published: December 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

having left majorda and found a nice little hotel for about 3 quid a night weve slowly been settling in. but each of us werent feeling great yesterday was really only the first day we felt good and relaxed. weve mainly just been chilling on the beach. we hired a moped much to adams excitement and travelled around some of the beaches that adam knew like varca, cavalossium and mobor (not to sure on some of these spellings) but things have got more expensive since last year and there arnt many shacks to choose from as they still havnt been allowed to set up legally on the beach but a few are rich enough to do some bribing. we still had a good time sat on the white sand beaches and adam found some bigger waves to do some good boshing (dont ask). we have also seen graham the singer who played with ub40 back in his day apparently. weve been to colva twice to eat the first time we struggled to find somewhere to eatas everything seemed alot more expensive and sea pearl has been given some very bad reviews from people we have spoken to so even that was a no go. so we ended up eatingin pirates this time which is next to this river and is very popular with the locals. its not as romantic as it sounds tho coz the river is smelly and your packed in likesardines but the food is good and cheap.

we went back to colva last night and ate at sea coin which was amazing. and we had a feast for just under a 5er including beer. were going back son as its alot easier from benaulim, we can just hop on a bus and then get a rickshaw back. weve also found a nice little local bar near where were staying called 'kelly bar' but no one seems to be called kelly that we know of in the bar but there we go. but anyway there are the cutest puppies in this bar which is the main reason we go coz the owner goes on a bit but adam went for a spot of lunch there today and ended up gettin a free meal as it is festival day today and hewas having a big family meal. mean while i sat in the hotel restaurant and had poached eggs not even on toast as i was trying to cut back. then he comes back and starts gloating about how full he isnd i was starving. wish id gone with him. and he managedto squeeze in a beer aswell. gutted.

weve stayed out of the sun today just chilling and reading on the balcony as its soo hot to be onthe beach every day. its a tough life. hope everything is well back home. were planning on going to agonda and mayb hampi on monday so will report back after that. love to all. speak soon x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb