Beijing-Day 1


Advertisement
Asia
July 30th 2009
Published: August 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

When we arrived in Beijing everything is so clean and organised it was amazing. We had to go through about 4 quarantine checks and it was very difficult for jon not to cough his lungs up at everyone but somehow he managed it and we actually got let in. We were staying at Sanlitun hostel which was about 30 mins away from the aiport. when we got there it was down some minging back street and i was rather shocked this was not what we had booked. But when we got in it was actually really nice. Found our room and dumped our stuff down and decided to have a little exploring around the local area. Went in a supermarket and got some snacks, we had duck but it had shards of bones in so wasnt that good, and a potato/swede fritter thing which looked delicious but had been fried in sugar or something so i didnt like it. However jon loved it and wolfed it down along with the duck. By this time we both decided that havng not slept properly for 30 hours we should go back to the hotel even though it was mid afternoon. Got back and literally fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillows.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.037s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb