Singapore-Malaysia-Bangkok


Advertisement
Asia
July 23rd 2009
Published: July 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Another adventure with my architect friends. All are set, July 15-19, we, four of us, Franie, Mildred, Winnie and Me have a scheduled holiday to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok. We did not arrange any land accomodation, the only planned itinerary was the date of the travel, but to hotels and where to go, nothing was planned. Due to busy schedule during the previous week i never had the chance to surf the net and see what's in store for us in those 3 countries.

We arrived in Singapore, 1030am, took a cab to the downtown to look for hotel where Franie and Mildred could stay, since me will be staying with Wines. After reaching the orchard plaza, we went to Esplanade, Raffles Hotel and then had our lunch. We checked-in at the hostel at the building where Wines' office is located, then headed to Sentosa---just rode those tram, franie was frustrated for she don't have a company in riding the cable car. After Sentosa, Wines and me got a tiket for our trip to KL via bus.

It was a five hours travel time to Kuala Lumpur, arrived there around 12 noon, checked in at Cititel Hotel, it
Petronas TowerPetronas TowerPetronas Tower

The Tower at night!
was a four star hotel with mall beside and MRT station. Unfortunately, didn't had the chance to try their MRT. We eat, eat, eat---chicken curry, spicy and chili. whew! Buying power of the Philippine peso is good in KL. I regret that i did not shop til i drop there in KL. Went to Petronas Tower and as usual, picture taking as in pang facebook pose. After Petronas, went to China town, and bought some souvenir items and shirts. End of Day 2.

Day 3, our flight to Bangkok is at 1:40pm, so we took a taxi to the LCCT Internation Airport which is almost 30minutes to 45 minutes away from the city proper for 70 MYR, that's x 7.20 pesos. We asked the driver if we could pass by the Petronas so we could take pictures of the tower at day time, and he said, oh yes! I will definitely drop by there to put gas and u can go around and buy some food at the convenient store. We just ignore what he said, and so we travelled. We saw that we are taking the route away from the tower and we just laugh it off for
Street Food!Street Food!Street Food!

Saraaaaaaaaap! Thai Food sooo hot and spicy! Auko. hehehe
we already knew what he meant of Petronas, the Petronas there is the gas station. So when he reached the Petronas to put some gas we told him we will not be buying anything from the store and what we meant of Petronas was the tower. He said sorry, i didn't get it. hahahaha. But the driver was so courteous enough for us to get mad. Luckily, the driver was good enough to offer to tour us to Puttrajaya, the government center of Malaysia. All buildings was built at the same time by Prime Minister Mahatir Mohammad, the driver told us that Mahatir was the best of all the Prime Ministers of Malaysia. The security at the KL International airport was so laxed, anyone can get inside then get out without much hassle. We waited til 4pm for our Air Asia aircraft which was 3 hours delayed. Arrived in Bangkok around 530pm.

From the airport we took the taxi and we had a difficulty communicating with the driver. He can speak and understand a little english. We told him to bring us to Marimar Hotel but he does not know where it is located. So we ended up in
The Seat of the Prime MinisterThe Seat of the Prime MinisterThe Seat of the Prime Minister

at Puttrajaya Government Center---the seat of the Prime Minister in Malaysia
Bangkok Condotel, where his taxi has some advertisement of the said establishment. After we checked-in we had an early dinner at the hotel's restaurant. Sumptous meal was served at 760 baht (around 1,269.00pesos). We had fun riding the famous Tuk-tuk, the tricycle version of Thailand.

Next day, we headed to the Chatuchak market---We didn't get to see much in Thailand. Sunday, we checked-out at the hotel and proceeded to the airport. I was at the airport for 11 hours, mildred and franie went ahead at 430pm to the Phils via PAL, Wines at 530pm to Singapore via Air Asia and me at 1130 in the evening to the Philippines via PAL!!! . huh! A nice experience.



Additional photos below
Photos: 85, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb