Hoi An


Advertisement
Asia
July 22nd 2009
Published: July 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello again,
We are currently in our favourite place in Vietnam- a quaint town about 1/2 way down the coast- full of character and historic buildings, over 500 tailer shops, great food and pretty river etc!
We will have spent 5 days here in total and have made the most of the shops.
There is also a lovely beach nearby which we have cycled too twice- this itself was highly enjoyable and beautiful, taking us from the motorbike riden roads, to quiet riverside and paddyfield ridden views. The beach is quiet and unspoilt during the day (bar a few selling jewelry women!) The sea temp is gorgeous and there are great views to nearby islands. Tans are being topped up- mainly in the shade!
We have found some amazing street food near our hostel and met up with our mates for a 5 course meal at the river side including beer all for less than 2pounds each! it was very tasty!
We also keep bumping in to travellers from tailand and Halong Bay which is nice.
We also went to visit My SOn- ancient ruins of temples and burials- which have only just survied the Vietnamese wars- bomb crators were visible everywhere. Some ruins were better off than others and one site was being studied by archiologists. It was set amongst lush forests up in the mountains-beautiful! and it was very hot so Jules and I looked great in our newly purchased hats!
Tomorrow we get an overnight bus to apparently the best beach in vietnam and hope to find some mud baths as well.
lots of love Jules and Laura xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb