Canada Day


Advertisement
Asia
July 1st 2009
Published: July 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Havent had much of a chance to get on the net with the Hiltons outrageous internet costs. Got about an your for uploading a few more pics. Met up with Aaron, Matt, and Ronnie at Shinjuku after a bit of a wait and after checking in wandered about Shinjuku a bit. Went to a rather interesting little spot for food where you choose your order from a vending machine then take your order to the counter where they take it and give you food. interesting system.

The next day we started off in Akiba, checked out the little shops and computer places. Checked out an arcade, its absolutely amazing the games they have there. Its basically as impressive as youd expect. Watched guys in a tournament (you have cards you use to sign in) go at it, had big imersive style machines, little arcade cabinets, you name it. Also managed to check out a big international shopping arcade area and walked all the way to Ueno park (a fair distance away from Akiba) We ended the night in Shinjuku, had supper at a small hole in the wall down a back alley that was pretty tastey, then hit a british pub style place.

The following day was spent in Central Tokyo, checked out the Sony Building and their latest gadgets (they have free internet but block stuff like webmail, stupid...) and then went to a self proclaimed largest toy shop in the world. I dobut that but it was pretty cool. They had a giant toy race track like what I had growing up, just a lot LOT LOT bigger. Finally went to check out the imperial palace (or at least what is visible from this side of the moat!) Ended the night in Roppongi Hills, went to a place called the Bamboo Bar... very fancy looking, had see through glass pipes shaped like Bamboo trees with blue lights going in them, curved ceiling, great lighting. After that went to Roppongi Crossing where the creepy guys kept asking us to go into their clubs.. went off the path and found a nice quite place and had a few beers. Got to watch a guy in a white suit with a massive red scarf get out of one $250,000 car and join up with some ladies who were in a $250,000 Rolls Royce behind him and go into some bar somewhere. The two cars ended up staying behind and were still there when we left. Yakuza? I think yes. Didnt see his face but one of the other guys were saying it looked like its been through some fights.

Tonight checking out Harajuku and Shibuya, then have a few beers for Canada Day. Not sure about tomorrow or Friday yet. Probably wont be able to upload the rest of the pics until Im back on Sunday. Gotta run my times almost up here!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Final Fantasy Dissidia PopFinal Fantasy Dissidia Pop
Final Fantasy Dissidia Pop

Pop based on a video game, only in Japan!
Matt gets caughtMatt gets caught
Matt gets caught

Giant statue based on a video game character with Matt posing.
Sake in a boxSake in a box
Sake in a box

Its like a juice box, with Sake instead. nasty.


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb