Terres Rouges. What's new.


Advertisement
Asia
November 13th 2008
Published: November 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Banlubg is changiing as expected. This land of red earth is still without the paved road promised, but now it is the Chines who have pledged to make travel across this province possible. Their leased land rubber plantations are growing up and reliable methods of transportation will be a necessity.

Right now I'm in heaven. Its 6am (that's not part of the fantasy) and I'm lounging on the old wood veranda of the French lodge, Terres Rouges, overlooking a beautiful lake (filled with monster size leeches) being fished by a man who's dugout boat moves languidly across in this hazy light. For those familiar with this ultimate retreat from the Chaos that is Cambodia (Carlos sr, carlos Jr, Matthew and Sebastien), it now has a swimming pool would you believe. The celestial life is here on earth, with beautiful suroundings, available chilled wines, the best food in the provinces, two doberman dogs and silence, if only the firecracker throwers would desist forthwith (love throwing that in whenever I can Deb!). The water festival has ended to coincide with the full moon festival, the fire boats set upon the lake last night have burned or sunk, taking the peoples wishes with them..

Time dress and see if baguettes (several) with imported French butter will add a kilo or two, or perhaps banana flamb(ey), peut etre une tasse de cafe au lait, avec beaucoup du sucre. J'ne sais pas. J'ai besoin d'un moment a decider......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0995s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb