Warning: the sexual material contained may make this unsuitable for the prudish


Advertisement
Asia
November 13th 2008
Published: November 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Mating behaviours of the lesser spotted ...Khmer?


No outward physical sign of intent is permitted to be directed towards the female, no matter how drunk a man/group of men become. Public hand holding is never seen outside of the main cities, and even then is rare.

Crude conversation amongst groups of men in public is tolerated when drunk (the khmer male is usually drunk on a daily basis, any time of day in the countryside, but usually nightime).

According to my surveys in provincial Cambodia,sex isn't asked for among the less sophisticated and happens quickly, and in the dark and not naked and never anything but missionary. It is an immediate need for relief and not a pleasure as we know it to be. They never kiss and considering the state of their mouth/teeth hygiene even among the wealthy, this surprises me not in the least!

With Sophat's friends in the city, only one has progressed to oral sex, and only the woman performs it. The fascination with foreign porn is intense but not only would wives not feel able to do this, the men are incredibly shy by their own admission. Amongst themselves in drinking groups (I'm accepted as a man here) they talk, wonder and are naturally curious. Three somes and more are exciting but they could never see themselves being able to do that even if the opportunity arose....way too shy, unskilled, insecure about their size and abilities based on videos of western men amd women. Chinese porn is more comfortable for them.

The prostitutes up here see only occasional foreigners and hate to do the things asked of them. Those who are willing because of the money charge a lot more and are disturbed if the man doesn't finish quickly. They base their earning potential on 5 minute sessions. Any longer and the man must pay for the extra sessions taken. The money they make is of course a percentage of their intake.

When I get honest replies from the men, paid sex is no different from home, but its a change of menu, they like the physical nearness of the girls in the karaoke bars who will do a lot more in public than is usual just to get the 5 minuter into the sleezy back rooms (no change of "bed" cover and minimal wash facility, and most men often will not use condoms). The girls lie lifeless and remind the men to hurry up if they are not quick.

I really should get up...

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 37; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb