Racking up the frequent flyer points...


Advertisement
Asia
October 8th 2008
Published: October 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

G'day all, We had an very long journey from San Jose. The flights were long and the layovers even longer. We had a stop for eight hours in Dallas and decided to take the train in to the city to check things out. The streets were near empty and the town is very sterile with little character. The only personality we found was the waitress that served us in one of the West End bar/restaurants. After not having much meat (actually I was craving a steak) in Costa Rica, it was a relief to find a true Texan bar that served up lots of food. Airline food still doesn't satisfy the taste buds.

We enjoyed steak, ribs and large baked potatoes with all the trimmings... we were stuffed full. Had to walk it off through the empty streets. Must be that the locals just come in to work and then go straight home afterwards.

The flight left for LA at 10pm and we arrived, with time changes, around 11.30pm. With 12 hours to spend before the next flight we roughed it by sleeping on our blow up mattresses and sleeping bags. We found a relatively quiet dark corner with other transit passengers and soon dosed off. Brekky at Macca's around 5.30am then over to our terminal to check in and go through the many security checks. Still a few hours left before we leave for Tokyo. Narita Airport, Tokyo, was very busy but we only had an hour before the next flight. After another 5 1/2 hours we finally made it to Hanoi at 10pm.

We travelled for 26 hours with 21 hours of in transit living. You could say we didn't end up in Hanoi as fresh as when we left San Jose. It will take some time to get over the jet lag...but we are here. Yay!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb