Thailand to Adelaide


Advertisement
Asia
February 28th 2007
Published: February 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After 7 weeks in Thailand the heat and the grubbiness were getting to us to be honest. Thailand is a great place and the people are really friendly but you definitely notice it is not as Western as many of our destinations. All that rubbish by the roadside really doesn't smell good in 35 dgrees C heat!

We saw some interesting jobs on the internet and so decided to take a trip to Oz to check it out.
In the end we took a mini bus to Hat Yai and then caught the train to Kuala Lumpur (overnight). The train was pretty good, this time we managed to get a private cabin, still only about £10 each with a drink and cake thrown in; bargain! We spent the day in KL, taking in the Petronas Towers although unfortunately the skybridge was closed. We then caught the train to Singapore and had a brief overnight stay before heading to Adelaide. One great thing at Singapore airport is the rainforest lounge where you can shower, eat, drink, use the internet and even have a manicure and a massage!

Totally worn out (travelling via Sydney) we arrived in Adelaide ready to
Glenelg BeachGlenelg BeachGlenelg Beach

15 min. from Adelaide City Center
explore. We have spent two weeks there enjoying the never ending hospitality of Gill and Neil (thank you once again). Had a great trip to the McLaren Vale wine region and tasted some very nice wines. We have thoroughly explored Adelaide and are really excited about living there. Weather was great, mainly dry and hot and I am sort of sad to report I still haven't seen a scary spider or snake (hope I don't bring bad luck on myself here and be plagued by them when we get back!).


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Glenelg  frontGlenelg  front
Glenelg front

A bit of a mix between St Annes and Blackpool (it even has trams), but is much sunnier.
Sven's SausagesSven's Sausages
Sven's Sausages

Lunch in Hahndorf, South Australia's German Village. Of course it had to be Bratwurst.


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb