Cooking School


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
December 8th 2015
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 15.8759, 108.323

One of the recommended activities here is to attend a cooking school. In our case we were able to locate a trip which took place in a village on one of the islands.

Pickup from the hotel was at 9:15 by scooter. It was only 5 minutes to the booking office and from there we headed to the dock for our 30 minute boat ride.

Upon arrival at the family compound the guide told us the history of her family and how the cooking school came about. The grandmother who is 90 is still involved.

Then the cooking began. Our group was 12 people so it was quite manageable and the "guide/chef" had assistants who were busy supplying the ingredients for each course as she gave us instructions. It was very well managed.

We ate what we cooked and most of us were full about half way through.

It started to rain lightly just as we left but only for a few minutes so the trip back was cool but not wet.

Returned to the hotel for a coffee and the headed out for a final walk through the old town ands quick visit to the night market.


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb