Hoi An - More Rain


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
December 7th 2015
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 15.8764, 108.323

We ventured out a couple of times equipped with umbrellas in hand. Lots of rain and big puddles. Best bet for footwear is open sandals so the water can flow through. Flip-flops are traditional wear by the locals even when riding scooters. It is interesting that they can drive holding an umbrella.

We walked a few of the city streets and I found a little place for a haircut - $6.

Went back to the hotel for a while and then ventured out for a late lunch. We went to a place called Vy's which was like a food court with various "stalls" but it was a single restaurant. We decided to just have Pho which is a noodle soup with stuff added. The restaurant did offer some other more "exotic" offerings. The restaurant also offers cooking classes which seems to be one of the more popular activities here.

At the moment the rain has stopped and we are hoping that is a good omen for tomorrow.

We walked along the river and across the small bridge to get to our dinner destination which was the Morning Glory Restaurant which is highly recommended and the food was excellent. The proprietor Ms Vy actually owns several restaurants in town including the one where we had Pho for lunch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb