A very Different, Peaceful and Dreamy Don Village


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
July 21st 2017
Published: July 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Instead of elephant riding and walking along the river, I choose to wander to see that there is still a peaceful Buon Don (Don Village).

As we prepared our luggage for Buon Don, the visitors ahead and the locals warned that Buon Don was now changing so much that it did not look like what we imagined or as in the famous song "Elephant in Ban Don". Even so, we decided to go to Buon Don to see how the change had taken place.

On the road 40 km from downtown Buon Ma Thuot (Dak Lak) to Buon Don are crowded streets, roads are built wide and nothing big cities. Buon Don Center is now a tourist area with shops that are open along both sides of the road. Many people feel very disappointed because they want to visit what is here to visit the ecological tourism. No longer a folk village as in the imagination of many people, there is a sense of Buon Don is of the city, no ethnic people and the old habits here.

Therefore, instead of visiting the suspension bridge on the Serepok River as other people, I chose to wander along the road in the village. Rather than picking elephants and going along the river, I chose to go deeper into the lives of people and the most fortunate thing was that I still saw a gentle and peaceful Buon Don.

The stilt houses are built around large lands, surrounded by green trees. Wherever you encounter the scene is extremely peaceful that if you go on the tour has already given, certainly many visitors ignored. You can see a people lying in the hammock while playing a music, the elderly people sitting relaxed in front of the porch ... Everything is gentle, peaceful and very typical Highlands. It also seems to be an ancient Buon Don, when tourism has not changed everything.

Take a walk on the bridges spanning the old trees, beneath the green fields. A scene that makes any visitor feel relaxing. You will also meet the mahouts with the elephants along the majestic Serepok River. The afternoon sunlight printed on the wooden stilts on Buon Don wooden floor makes a work of art of nature. The sunsets through the old school at an elephant teaching area in Buon Don gives you a peaceful feeling. Although the communal house is gone, long houses are still a feature of this land.

Maybe, instead of hoping for something beautiful and interesting at the tourist spots or staged by the dry programs, we should slowly feel the gentle and peaceful beauty in that place in the most distinct way. As Henry Miller said, "Our destination is not a land, but a new view."

Useful Links: Myanmar River Cruises · Irrawaddy Explorer · https://luxurymyanmarrivercruises.com/cruise/belmond-orcaella/


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb