Day 4,Cruising At sea


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
March 10th 2015
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 14.0583, 108.277

Well after going to bed at 8.30pm last night, I thought we would be awake early but we awoke around 6.15am, this is sad, but we also found out that we were still on Vietnam time, an hour earlier so it was actually 7.15am ship time. We showered and headed for another meal, don't know why, but we suffered again. After breakfast, we went back to our room for a bit, then put on our gym stuff and went to do laps, 5 laps equals one mile so we did 10, 2 miles, Clint actually joined me today too, we overtook several people on the track, and had to shift certain people off the track, eg, the Japanese who just wandered out on to the track without a care in the world, you have to get out of their way, they don't even look. 10 laps were up, we then took an extra half a lap and headed onto deck 13 which we hadn't even discovered yet, this area was at the front of the ship, a quiet area, with deck chairs, no pool. Next we went to the pool bar for a champagne then went back to our room, grabbed our camera, then went to the Savoy Theatre for a seminar on Hong Kong but we could only stay for 25 minutes as we were going to participate in the Photo Scavenger Hunt which started at 11am. We all got a page of different photos( which you could hardly see) then you had to run all over the ship taking photos and writing down what level these items were on, and you needed to be back within 20 minutes!! We came back in about 22 minutes, by then they were already marking off the answers, as we listened to the answers with sweat running from every possible area on our bodies, we marked and showed the photos we had taken. Unfortunately we did not even get close to the top score, so, straight to the bar to drown our sorrows!!
We went back to our room to change into our bathers, then headed to pool deck to relax and do nothing!!! Well, by the time we found a vacant chair, it was time for another drink, then we relaxed for a bit. Lunch was being cooked on the pool deck today, some big cook up with lots of meats and salads, after about an hour and a half,we gave in and had small plates for lunch. After lunch, Clint headed back to the room, and I went to another boring auction, free champagne and more tickets in a raffles. Today, 2 items were sold in the auction, I had a 5 minute nap I think through this, it was so boring, but to win prizes, you have to be in it to win it, but again, no prizes! I went back via the Royal Promenade for some shopping by myself, made a purchase, my first one!! Headed back to the room, then Clint and I went to deck 11, the pool deck for some R&R, with some intention of writing some of the travelpod !! We went for a swim, then went into the spa where we were the only ones in it !!!! Bonus!!
Back into the sun to dry off, we then saw our neighbours who had parked themselves next to our chairs so we had a chat about what to see and do in Hong Kong. I discovered the ship will be at the new cruise terminal, which is where Hong Kong Airport used to be,which means a bit further out for transport etc. but there will be shuttle buses too. We then went to deck 5, Royal Promenade for the Dreamworks Move It, Move It Parade, a very colourful and lots to see parade, with all the characters from a few different movies, was really cheerful. Again, back to the room, to write some more travelpod and add photos, I'm not sure what has happened on my phone with the travelpod app as it just won't open and my 2 stories and all the photos I added for day 1&2 of the cruise are just ???? Somewhere in cyberspace !!!
Well, it's time to go to see a show, an Aussie magician called Duck Cameron, he was really good, got people up from the audience and made it fun!! Next is dinner, and again we dined casual in the Windjammer cafe, very quiet, withs loads of variety of food. A wine to take back to the room, a quick catch up with the travelpod, now bedtime. Night xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



16th March 2015

Yep look at those bubbles
16th March 2015

Yep look at those bubbles
16th March 2015

Better get Clint to get you one after that fart lol
16th March 2015

Better get Clint to get you one after that fart lol
16th March 2015

Are you sure that's all. Check out his face.
16th March 2015

Are you sure that's all. Check out his face.
16th March 2015

Such clever art. They all look great.
16th March 2015

Such clever art. They all look great.
16th March 2015

Reminds me of independence day movie
16th March 2015

Reminds me of independence day movie

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb