Ho chi min city


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
December 8th 2015
Published: December 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The first night we arrived after a 12 hour journey, inc. 2 ferries and a flight and a long coach journey. Arriving n Vietnam was not what I anticipated, it was by far scarier on the roads than Bangkok (video footage available) its a large city although looking like bangkok it seemed much cleaner and some what cooler. After a scary 40 minute commute we found our hostel down a back alley, but once checked in it was clean and the staff were lovely, costing £7 a night?

One of the girls stayed in and the rest went out whilst we got our bearings, holding hands and being directed with a Map to a nearby food market, we took our lives into our own hands. You quickly adapt to these situations however it has made me think how the Uk has everyone living scared (with our health and safety). I witnessed tonight children as young as 6 months on a moped with their parents, no helmeted and a kid asleep next to a BBQ. We made it to the markets and after Aimee burnt a poor girl with a cigarette and there was a few moments of uncertainty of the situation we decided to go and get some food. A young took a picture of her food when someone from nowhere grabbed it out of her hand and nobody saw anything! We the strapped our bags and was very cautious for the rest of the evening.

After. Long day we wanted a. Purple of drinks and early night, so tried to find somewhere to drink, after 1 hour of searching being refused from 1 bar and asked to buy marijuana, we decided to head tithe circle K (things are a foot). We took the drinks back to the hostel where we bumped into a great guy from Canada who gave us some fab info on CAmbodia and we spoke about music before he headed off on his 13 hour journey. We headed up to bed tired and tipsy to put our face masks on fir a big day ahead.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb