Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
February 24th 2014
Published: February 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today dave our ceo took is on a walking tour around Hanoi. The first stop was Ho chi Minh Mausoleum. Ho Chi Minh was the leader (Prime Minister from 1945-1955, and President from 1945-1969) of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam. Hồ Chí Minh is often called "the Vietnamese George Washington" by Communist Vietnamese, because he spent much of his life trying to get the French, who controlled Vietnam, to leave. There is a city named Ho Chi Minh City that honors him.When He died he wanted to.be cremated but he didnt get his wish as he dead body lies in the mausoleum. The body of Ho Chi Minh is preserved in the cooled, central hall of the mausoleum, which is protected by a military honor guard. The body lies in a glass case with dim lights. After learning all this and thinking we would go.and see him we learnt that we couldnt as it shuts on Mondays, so we went around.his.house which is.on stilts. Im actually glad it was shut as i googled it.

We then walked to the temple of literature which was Vietnams first national university. The temple was built in 1070 at the time of King Lý Nhân Tông. It is one of several temples in Vietnam which are dedicated to Confucius, sages and scholars.

After all the walking we were hungry and had to be at the water puppet show.at three so we headed back. The.boys didnt come as.they are too cool so.was the girls.

The puppet show was exactly.what i i.thought it would be, not.the best enterntainment but it was a culteral thing to see and im glad i saw it although we didnt understand the story as it was in vietenimise and included dragens, birds, farmers, water buffulo and a cat.

After the show we went.back the hotel to get ready for our last night out together as a whole group as some continue onto laos and we go our seperate way to Australia 😞

The night was good we all made sure.to enjoy the company as we knew it was nearly over. We had a good boogie and dave showed us his amazing moves which got the whole bar clapping and gathering around.

We all headed back together which took us ten minutes and not over an hour. Tomorrow was departure day for the tour

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb