Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
February 23rd 2014
Published: February 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We set off at half eight to make our way to Hanoi our last destination with G Adventures😞. The trip was four hours think i slept for probably two hours its hard not to as it rocks you, although some parts of the road wake you up with all the bumps.

We arrived in Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam. We are staying near the Old Quarter not far from hoan kiem lake. Hanoi is a busy city full of winding little streets, every street sells different things for example shoe street, zip and button street. Although they dont have that name and all the streets look a like and are mostly called Hang something.

We all went for.lunch and then.the.guide left us to do as we please in the afternoon so we went exploring with our map. One of the girls in.the group has a birthday next week so because the tour will have finished we decided to have a birthday night for her. We all bought vietnam tshirts and Bamboo hats this took 2 hours to organise.

The boys had seen a place earlier on the day they liked which did more western food as people are starting to look like noodles and rice so we went there for food and managed to get a free shot each for the Lauras birthday ( the joys of dressing up). We then went to backpackers bar the place.its all meant to be happening but.it was shutting as we arrived so we went to a club called hair of the dog. One thing.i dont miss back.home is people smoking inside.we all had a dance. Locals kept asking to have a picture with us as they love white skin girls so.now i know my tan has faded. We decided to walk back guided with darrens phone and a map but we still got lost every street looks the same as the shops are shut. It took us about an hour to get home and really we werent that far. Got to bed about two. Have to be up and out for nine tomorrow as Dave is taking us on a walking tour.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb