Mackay to Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
January 22nd 2011
Published: January 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We flew Singapore Airlines from Brisbane to Hanoi (via Singapore). Stop over was about 4 hours from memory, and the flight was great. The initial plane configuration was 2-5-2 and we were on the side. As I', friendly with the travel agent, she booked us window seats all the way. This was good as we only had ourselves to contend with. Singapore is great if you fly the late night flight. We were issued with little bags with socks and a toothbrush. If you're caught short, there's spare toothbrushes up in the toilets. I noticed there were other personal proiducts there that you might need to get you out of a bind if caught short.
I had logged onto the carriers homepage, so had already checked out the movie viewing. This was also useful if, like me, you like your movies.
The food and service on the flight left nothing to compain about. Meals were tasty and served quickly. There was an impressive range of refreshments to accompany it. Nothing was too much trouble, and we've become accustomed to the hot towel treatment prior to meals now as a result of this.
We landed at Terminal 3 and needed to transfer to Terminal 2. This is easy using the skytrain. Or there's the option of walking if you need a stretch.
I love Singapore airport. It is designed with the long haul traveller in mind. There's plenty of places to buy refreshments, food and ample lounges to stretch out in. I especially like the massage chairs. One gem I found, was a little cabinet in which you could recharge your iPod or phone. These were secure and lockable, so I found this very useful. The orchid displays and general environs of the airport are also very attractive. Search the airport homepage to familiarise yourself with it before you arrive.
The two hour flight to Hanoi was very laid back, with more inflight entertainment, and yet another meal.
There's a two hour time difference between Aust and Singapore , and a further one hour between Singapore and Hanoi. Following the inflight information is interesting too as on a clear day you can follow the geography and topography of Vietnam as you fly in fa straight line up over Vietnam and Cambodia.
Luggage collection was slow in Hanoi, and I wondered if our bags were ever going to turn up!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb