Halong Bay


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
July 29th 2010
Published: July 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So since i last posted we embarked on a mamoth 14 hour night train journey from Hue up to hanoi and then a coach to Halong bay which we reached at about 10AM on wednesday morning. Our room was nice and overlooked Halong bay which was incredible!

After breakfast and a shower we left for a boat trip around Halong Bay. We had our own bot which was called a "junk boat" but looked like a gallion ship! Our first stop was to some caves in Halong Bay...i literally cannot describe them without doing an injustice....they were the size of a football stadium inside and all lit up with stairs made all the way through. The pictures go some way to showing how incredible they were...

After this we went back on the boat for seafood lunch with fish, crabs, prawns and calamari and then came to the bay itself...and again i cant describe how beutiful it is but taken about a thousand photos of the huge sheer cliffs that rise out of the water, really incredible! We sat on deck and watched as we slowly wound our way through the bay for about 2 hours. Once back, Yasmin and I took a stroll along the beach and through the market before ging back to the hotel. Still tired from our journey we went for a shower back at the hotel and a meal with the group before an early night.

This morning we travelled from Halong to Hanoi, Vietnams capital which was about 3 hours. Hanoi is similar to Ho Chi Minh but busier and more compact. Today we had lunch, beef noodles and then had a walk around the central lake and on to the war museum. The museum was good and had lots of aircraft and tanks from the vietnam war! Now back at the hotel feeling tired from our time so far in Vietnam! Tomorrow is our last full day here before we head to Bangkok where my next post will probably come from. We're having a great time and as mentioned last time, still trying to get our photos online but taking a while!

Jamie and Yasmin xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb