OOooopps..Not updated for a while!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
July 25th 2010
Published: July 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Crikey...It has been a long time since I updated this so I am going to scan my little brain in an attempt to fill in the voids...

OK - HANOI

Hanoi was great - crazy busy and a great place to walk about. Set around a big lake, I stayed south of the city in a cool backpackers place called 'The drift'. Was mainly on my own here but met a lovely little American dude (Keith, 23) outside a restuarant looking at the menus and we met up later that night and watched some of the world cup (Holland V Brazilio). Ended up meeting a bit group of French people who were living in Hanoi and who invited us to a little random club. 4 flights up the stairs of a hotel that looks a bit like a Greek Taverna is a padded door with 'shut behind you' written on it - hen you open it and there is a proper loud, banging (and smokey!! You can still smoke everywhere here!!) club... was fab. The Police turned up after a while and kicked everyone out (they were sooooo short I really had to hold myself back from patting the tops of their heads).

Anyways - another club later and at 4am me and Keith were on a motorbike taxi whizzzzzzing around the empty streets of Hanoi.. was so much fun...

Hanoi was a good little introduction into Vietnamese life...lakes, bikes, chickens on the streets. Wandering around he back streets in the evening was great (don't worry Mum - it was very busy and lots of people around!)







Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb